Friday, June 26, 2009

Time To get moving again...











This week has been a complete waste creatively. I havn't gotten anything drawn for all the distractions and things that I needed to catch up on after I neglected my life for the better part of three weeks getting ready for the convention this past weekend. I often wonder how those guys who put on the conventions feel on the weekend after the show. What the heck do we do now. Well I know... so far this week I've had to spend two days grading work, another day just straightening up the studio. We bought new furniture for it with the spoils from the con and that has been an issue all by itself with Staples having given up the wrong color of one of the desks. We have finished the studio for now and I'm very proud of it. It's growing into the work space that I have always dreamed of having, sans the full glass wall that opens into a 3o'x30' deck that overlooks the lake. Don't have that yet.








I also got the Deviant Art page set up and that is a learning curve all on its own. Plus I've had tennis and softball commitments. Friday is my day to do some work....hopefully.








I'm posting something new/old today. I've had these pages sitting in mothballs for about 6 months now. They are four pages of sequentials from a batman short story I've had banging around in my head for years now. I began to lose my zeal for them after I started noticing all the inconsistencies in them. I think the storytelling is pretty solid but some of the individual illos are a little weak. I think I'll start on a new set next week to get my Sequential work moving again.
The crazy thing is that I love sequential storytelling. I like the opportunities it presents to work with design how much fun it is to solve that puzzel and make the page flow so that it reads well. I used to draw pages all the time. I got a little burned out and the spot illustration bug bit me. I was dipping my toe with these. I think it's time to take the plunge.
Hope you guys are well.
J.Walk








1 comment:

  1. You're still moving much faster than me... And my weeks are already getting thick again.

    ReplyDelete