Thursday, February 26, 2009

Better Version of Lord Grimshaw


So here is another version of the Oddysey Universe's Jungle Character Lord Grimshaw. Lots of influence from Disney's Tarzan movie from about 10 years back. Hard to believe that movie has been out for so long. That also means the matrix and the Mummy are about to have 10th anniversaries as well. Where did my 20's go.
1999 was a big year for me. I had my first work published, sometime that march. I attended my second MegaCon. I met my studio mates and best friends Garry and Mike, I returned to college with renewed dedication to finish my degree and I met my wife who finally decided to marry me about nine years after I met her. A crazy year and sitting here drawing this character it occurs to me how much has happened in this last decade.
So I've got a busy weekend ahead of me with the funeral and the tennis tournament. Probably won't be able to post colors until next week. I hope you're all well. Until next post
best
jwalk

2 comments:

  1. J,

    I like this one much more than the first. You were right that one looked like an angry pirate. I am not sure about the "soul" patch for Grimshaw.

    M-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but then he's basically just Tarzan without it.

    ReplyDelete