Monday, March 22, 2010

Carnage Commission







This one ended up being a lot of fun. Brian Ballengee whom I met at Megacon Last weekend picked up a sketchbook from me along with his Pal Pablo and apparently they've felt like testing my drawing chops on some of the more obscure characters in the Marvel and DC universes. I know Carnage was on pretty much every cover Marvel put out 10 years ago but after whatever happened to him, he's been relatively left in comic limbo until Brian resurrected him last thursday as his commission. I never had much affinity for the character and for the most part, I really quit liking venom when marvel went Symbiote crazy but this guy was a lot of fun to draw and I'm pretty happy with the results. I did end up making some minor changes from the line art to the final colors. He was a little complicated and convoluted in the initial sketch so I simplified some of the drips and drool. Hope you guys like it. I'm had fun drawing a spidey villain. I think I'll do another one soon.



best



jw

No comments:

Post a Comment